Hop Cascade 100 gr
Cascade Beer Hops 100 gr
Developed in the USDA breeding programme in Oregon, Cascade beer hops were released as a US aroma variety around 1972. Cascade hop pellets for beer are characterised by a pleasant, spicy aroma with intense citrus notes reminiscent of grapefruit.
Considered the Noble hop par excellence, Cascade has revolutionised brewing around the world: used in the famous Pale Ale, it made the success of the US brewery Sierra Nevada, then encouraged the use of other citrusy American hops such as Amarillo.
With its moderate alpha-acid content and intense aroma profile, with high levels of myrcene and Farnesene, Cascade T90 hops have a delicate bitterness that allows them to be used threefold: at the start of boiling for bitterness, at the end of boiling for aroma and at the end of fermentation for dry hopping.
It is used in almost all Ale and Lager beers, its variants are Amarillo and Centennial.
- Packaging: 100 gr. vacuum packed in heat-sealed aluminium bag
- Ingredients: hops; may contain traces of oats, spelt, wheat, barley, rye
- Country of origin: United States
- Alpha Acids: 5%-9%.
- Usage: Bitterness and Aroma, Dry hopping
- Beer styles: American styles, Pale Ale, IPA, Barley wine
- Substitutes: Amarillo, Centennial
Note: The percentage of Alpha and Beta acids may vary between different batches and therefore deviate from the value indicated in this table.
100 Gr. - Pellets T90