Hop Cascade 1 kg
Cascade Beer Hops 1 kg
Cascade hops are world-famous for starting a revolution in the American craft beer market. The introduction of this ingredient, discovered by trader George Segal during the prohibition era, led to the birth of numerous craft beers brewed entirely with American hops, breaking the European monopoly on the precious ingredient in the 1970s.
Cascade hops are characterised by their elongated cones and moderate alpha acid content of between 5 and 9%. Available in 1 kg pellets, Cascade hops are an excellent aromatic hop, with high levels of myrcene and farnesene, and a profile characterised by notes of citrus and grapefruit. It is used to produce American, IPA, Pale Ale and Barley Wine styles. Cascade 1 kg hops are an ideal choice for both homebrewers and medium to large sized breweries.
- Packaging: 1 kg vacuum packed in a heat-sealed aluminium bag.
- Ingredients: hops; may contain traces of oats, spelt, wheat, barley, rye.
- Country of origin: United States.
- Alpha Acids: 5% -9%.
- Usage: Bitterness and Aroma, Dry hopping.
- Beer styles: American styles, Pale Ale, IPA, Barley wine.
- Substitutes: Amarillo, Centennial.
- T90 pellets
Warnings: The percentage of Alpha and Beta acids may vary between different batches and therefore deviate from the value indicated in this table.
1 Kg - Pellets T90