Hop Saaz 1 Kg
Hop Saaz 1 kg
Saaz hops, available in a 1 kg package, are one of the most popular ingredients for beer, a type known and used to brew lager and pilsner beverages, typical of Central Europe and Germany. Originating in the Czech Republic from the town of Zatec, from which it takes its name, Saaz is an extremely popular beer hop in the Bohemian region. Because of its high content of antioxidant polyphenols and low alpha acid content (between 2.5 and 4.5%), it is recommended for use in the final stages of boiling, as a flavouring agent, in combination with a different type of bittering agent. Substitutes are Spalt Spalter and Tettnanger. Saaz beer hops are sold in 100 gram pellets.
- Packaging: 1 kg. vacuum packed in a heat-sealed aluminium bag.
- Ingredients: hops; may contain traces of oats, spelt, wheat, barley, rye.
- Country of origin: Czech Republic.
- Alpha Acids: 2.5% - 4.5%.
- Usage: Aroma.
- Beer Styles: Lager, Pilsner.
- Substitutes: Spalt Spalter, Tettnanger.
- T90 pellets
Note: The percentage of alpha and beta acids may vary between different batches and therefore deviate from the value indicated in this table.