Yeast for red wines Zymaflore RB2 (500 gr)
Laffort - Zymaflore RB2 - 500 g
Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast for fruity, elegant red wines, revealing the Pinot noir varietal aroma.
Selected non-GMO Active Dry Yeast (ADY) for use in winemaking. Qualified for the elaboration of products for direct human consumption in the field of the regulated use in Oenology. In accordance with the current EU regulation n° 2019/934.
Specifications and oenological applications
ZYMAFLORE® RB2 is a strain selected for red Burgundian grape variety vinification (Super Premium to Ultra Premium).
ZYMAFLORE® RB2 was isolated for its natural capacity for low adsorption of colouring matter, in addition to its ability to enhance Pinot noir varietal aromas (cherry, Kirsch).
- Alcohol tolerance: up to 15% vol.
- Tolerance over a large temperature range: 20 - 32°C (68 - 89.6°F).
- Low nitrogen requirements.
- Low production of volatile acidity and H₂S.
Aromatic and sensory characters:
- Low adsorption of colouring matter.
- High revelation of varietal aromas
- Aspect: powder
- Colour: grey beige
Chemical and microbiological analysis
- Humidity (%): < 8
- Viable SADY cells (CFU/g): ≥ 2.10¹⁰
- Lactic acid bacteria (CFU/g): < 10⁵
- Acetic acid bacteria (CFU/g): < 10⁴
- Yeasts of a genus other than Saccharomyces (CFU/g): < 10⁵
- Yeasts of a different species or strain (%): < 5
- Coliforms (CFU/g): < 10²
- E. coli (/g): None
- Staphylococcus (/g): None
- Salmonella (/25 g): None
- Moulds (CFU/g): < 10³
- Lead (ppm): < 2
- Arsenic (ppm): < 3
- Mercury (ppm): < 1
- Cadmium (ppm): < 1
Protocol for use
- Inoculate with the yeast as soon as possible post rehydration.
- Respect the prescribed dose to ensure a good yeast implantation, even in case of abundance of indigenous yeasts.
- Temperature, yeast strain, rehydration and winery hygiene are also essential for successful implantation.
- 15 - 30 g/hL (150 - 300 ppm).
- In the case of prefermentative cold maceration (cold soaking), it is recommended to add yeast at 5 g/hL (50 ppm) during tank filling, in order to dominate the indigenous flora, then to complete with 15 to 20 g/hL (150 - 200 ppm) at the end of maceration, before increasing the must temperature
- Carefully follow the yeast rehydration protocol indicated on the packet. Avoid temperature differences exceeding 10°C (18°F) between the must and the yeast during inoculation. Total yeast preparation time must not exceed 45 minutes.
- In the case of potentially high alcohol concentrations and in order to minimise volatile acidity formation, use DYNASTART®/ SUPERSTART® ROUGE.
- Store above ground level in a dry area not liable to impart odours. Ensuring stock is kept at a moderate temperature, in its original, unopened packaging.
- Optimal date of use: 4 years.
- 500 g bag
Consult our product datasheet - Safety data sheet