Yeast for white and rosé wines zymaflore X16 (500 g)
Laffort - Zymaflore X16 - 500 gr
Specific yeast for white wines with an aromatic profile, (fermentation aromas: white flowers, yellow fruits, white peach). Excellent aromatic freshness (prof- strain). Excellent fermentation capacity.
Technological, modern wines with a distinctly fermentative aromatic profile. High production of ester-like aromas.
Adapts very well to low temperatures and low turbidity during fermentation.
Recommended for grape varieties:
Chardonnay, Trebbiano, Verdicchio, Lugana
- Particularly rapid fermentation kinetics.
- Alcohol tolerance: up to 16% vol.
- Tolerance to low fermentation temperatures: from 12°C*.
- Low nitrogen requirement.
- Low turbidity tolerance.
- Low production of volatile acidity and H₂S.
Intense and clean aromatic profile
- Strain pof (-): not equipped with cinnamate decarboxylase, responsible for the formation of vinyl-phenols, which mask aromas or are responsible for heavy, "pharmaceutical" or "varnish" notes.
- Very high production of fermentative aromas (white peach, white flowers, yellow fruits).
Average dose of use:
500 g bag.
Store in a dry place, at a moderate temperature (4 to 8°C) and in the original packaging. The best use-by date is 18 months.
- Dry wine-making yeast, suitable for use in foodstuffs.
- Complies with the International Oenological Codex. Does not contain GMOs
Rehydrate according to the protocol indicated on the packaging.
- Use a clean container of inert material.
- Do not mix with other products (except Superstart)
- Use the product immediately after preparation
- Do not use if the package is not intact
- Moisture (%): < 8
- Live cells LSAS (CFU/g): ≥ 2,1010
- Lactic bacteria (CFU/g): < 105
- Acetic bacteria (CFU/g): < 104
- Yeasts of genus other than Saccharomyces (CFU/g): < 105
- Yeasts of different species or strain (%): < 5
- Coliforms (CFU/g): < 102
- Moulds (CFU/g): < 103
- E. Coli (/g): abs.
- Salmonella (/25 g): abs.
- Staphylococcus (/g): abs.
- Lead (ppm): < 2
- Arsenic (ppm): < 3
- Mercury (ppm): < 1
- Cadmium (ppm): < 1
The ZYMAFLORE F15®, VL3®, and more recently X5®, X16®, FX10® and RX60® yeasts are worldwide references.
Nowadays, winemakers expect much more from yeast than the simple and complete transformation of sugars; our team of researchers responsible for isolating and selecting new yeast strains is very clear about this. It is thanks to this investment in research and development that LAFFORT is able to offer, through its ZYMAFLORE® range, oenological yeasts adapted to revealing the intrinsic potential of the grape while offering excellent fermentation performance.
- The first strategy consists in isolating the yeasts in nature (Ecolselection): in the vineyard, in the cellar, in spontaneous fermentations, etc. These so-called "terroir" yeasts have proved to be particularly suited to revealing the potential of a particular type of wine or vine. This is the case, for example, with F15®, F83®, VL1® or VL3®.
- Another selection strategy is based on breeding. This technique, which exploits a naturally occurring phenomenon, provides the possibility of combining the characteristics of different yeasts in a single strain without resorting to genetic manipulation techniques. It is possible to cross two individuals (yeasts) with different genetic heritage and isolate in the progeny the individuals with the desired characteristics. For example, by crossing a yeast with very high fermentation performance with another yeast with very interesting detection or aromatic expression capacities, X5®, X16® and RX60® strains were obtained. With the same technique, applying the strategy of backcrossing, it was possible to improve the historic and glorious F10® strain, obtaining FX10®, which maintains 94% of the genetic heritage of F10® and retains its highly appreciated oenological potential for the production of great wines, while combining it with great fermentation vigour. This technique offers very interesting prospects for responding promptly to the evolution of market demands.