Yeast for red wines zymaflore RX60 (500 gr)
Laffort - Zymaflore RX60 - 500 g
Yeast for fruity wines, strongly aromatic profiles, colourful, round, clean and balanced. Selected by cross-breeding. High resistance to alcohol (16.5% vol.).
Fruity, colourful and round wine. Strongly aromatic, clean and balanced profile.
Recommended for grape varieties:
Syrah, Grenache, Merlot, Negramaro
- Alcohol tolerance: up to 16.5% vol.
- Tolerates a wide range of temperatures: 20 - 30°C. - High nitrogen requirement.
- Low production of volatile acidity and H₂S.
Aromatic and sensory characters:
For the production of wines with an intense and full profile in terms of aromas (fruity; especially fresh red fruits) and flavours, while respecting varietal typicality.
Specific for Syrah: enhances its aromatic potential, giving balanced wines with a clean, fruity profile.
It expresses excellent results in the vinification of Lambrusco, Montepulciano d'Abruzzo, Dolcetto...
Average dose of use:
500 g bag
Store in a dry place, at a moderate temperature (4 to 8°C) and in the original packaging. The best use-by date is 18 months.
Dry wine-making yeast, suitable for use in foodstuffs.
Complies with the International Oenological Codex. Does not contain GMOs
How to use:
- Prepare 5 litres of water at 37°C in a container.
- Pour the contents of the yeast packet into the container.
- Stir and wait 20 minutes
- Pour into another container, into which you have already poured 5 litres of wort.
- Stir and wait 10 minutes
- Pour into the wort and pump over.
- Moisture (%): < 8
- Live cells LSAS (CFU/g): ≥ 2,1010
- Lactic bacteria (CFU/g): < 105
- Acetic bacteria (CFU/g): < 104
- Yeasts of genus other than Saccharomyces (CFU/g): < 105
- Yeasts of different species or strain (%): < 5
- Coliforms (CFU/g): < 102
- Moulds (CFU/g): < 103
- E. Coli (/g): abs.
- Salmonella (/25 g): abs.
- Staphylococcus (/g): abs.
- Lead (ppm): < 2
- Arsenic (ppm): < 3
- Mercury (ppm): < 1
- Cadmium (ppm): < 1
The ZYMAFLORE F15®, VL3®, and more recently X5®, X16®, FX10® and RX60® yeasts are worldwide references.
Nowadays, winemakers expect much more from yeast than the simple and complete transformation of sugars; our team of researchers responsible for isolating and selecting new yeast strains is very clear about this. It is thanks to this investment in research and development that LAFFORT is able to offer, through its ZYMAFLORE® range, oenological yeasts adapted to revealing the intrinsic potential of the grape while offering excellent fermentation performance.
- The first strategy consists in isolating the yeasts in nature (Ecolselection): in the vineyard, in the cellar, in spontaneous fermentations, etc. These so-called "terroir" yeasts have proved to be particularly suited to revealing the potential of a particular type of wine or vine. This is the case, for example, with F15®, F83®, VL1® or VL3®.
- Another selection strategy is based on breeding. This technique, which exploits a naturally occurring phenomenon, provides the possibility of combining the characteristics of different yeasts in a single strain without resorting to genetic manipulation techniques. It is possible to cross two individuals (yeasts) with different genetic heritage and isolate in the progeny the individuals with the desired characteristics. For example, by crossing a yeast with very high fermentation performance with another yeast with very interesting detection or aromatic expression capacities, X5®, X16® and RX60® strains were obtained. With the same technique, applying the strategy of backcrossing, it was possible to improve the historic and glorious F10® strain, obtaining FX10®, which maintains 94% of the genetic heritage of F10® and retains its highly appreciated oenological potential for the production of great wines, while combining it with great fermentation vigour. This technique offers very interesting prospects for responding promptly to the evolution of market demands.