Sauvignon Nepis (10 pcs)
Resistance characteristics: High to Downy mildew, medium to Oidium
The wines have a complex aromatic profile tending towards fruity-floral with spicy notes and a good pyrazine content reminiscent of Sauvignon . The breadth of the aroma spectrum is slightly above average and due to its characteristics this variety is suitable for the production of ready-to-drink or short-medium aging wines.
Variety resistant to mildew and tolerant to powdery mildew, suitable for the pedoclimatic conditions of central-northern Italy.
- Sprout: 10-20 cm
- Apex: completely open, fluffy, anthocyanin pigmentation present at the edges.
- Apical leaves (from 1st to 3rd): wedge-shaped, bronzed color, medium tomentosity.
- Basal leaves (from 4th onwards): orbicular shape and without anthocyanin pigmentation.
- Sprout axis: erect.
- Herbaceous shoot: erect posture; of elliptical cross section, striated surface; internodes and nodes have green and red color on the ventral side, and red on the dorsal side; both faces are free of hair. Hairless knots.
- Tendrils: Bifid or triffid, short-medium, intermittent, 2 or fewer consecutive tendrils.
- Flower: hermaphrodite, five fully developed and erect stamens, fully developed gynoecium, detachment of the normal corolla, self-fertile.
- Adult leaf: medium in size, pentagonal in shape and generally with five lobes. The petiole sinus is closed and with a V-shaped base. The lateral sinuses are shallow. Both pages are free of anthocyanin pigmentation. The upper page has a twisted edge profile, surface with high blistering and very weak depressions; ripples present. The leaf margin has teeth of medium size, medium length and with both sides convex. Both leaf pages are hairless.
- Petiole: equal in length to the median vein of the leaf.
- Autumn color of the leaves: yellow.
- Industrial ripe bunch: small in size (12-15 cm, 80-220 g, average weight 100 g), cylindrical-conical, with one or two short wings, very compact; very short peduncle; medium-low resistance to destemming.
- Berry: small, average weight 1.5 g, ellipsoidal in shape, wide and uniform inside the bunch. The skin is medium thick with a medium bloom and a green-yellow color. The pulp is slightly firm with a neutral flavor. Colorless juice.
- Grape seeds: medium length and medium weight.
- Woody branch: elliptical cross section, striated surface; brownish color, no lenticels; short-medium internodes (about 10-11 cm), diameter about 11 mm.
- Trunk: of medium vigor.
- Germination: early, first / second decade of April.
- Flowering: medium, third decade of May / first decade of June.
- Grape ripening: medium, first / second decade of September.
CULTIVATION CHARACTERISTICS AND ATTITUDES
- Vigor: medium, rising vegetation.
- Training system: suitable for any type of training, Guyot and spurred cordon recommended.
- Production: regular and constant.
- Real basal fertility: high (basal fertility / real fertility = 0.97).
- Average number of inflorescences per shoot: 2.
- Resistance to biotic stress: Resistant to mildew, tolerant to powdery mildew.
- Behavior with respect to multiplication by grafting: no problems of grafting disaffinity reported on 1103 Paulsen, Kober 5BB, SO4. Yield in the nursery: 64% of SO4.